Thursday, April 21, 2011

Learning Java

Well the text was changing color but no longer. Hopefully many things will change in the future. Haven't made a lot of progress in java this weekend. I just added a bunch of tutorials to my java worload list thingy. that way i can check them out easier. I'm planning on going over a couple of java 2d tutorials and swing kit tutorial. Then i'm going to pull out a java game programming book i found.. then i thought i might check out the slick game library.

i had some trouble with lwjgl last time i tried to install it, i think it's supposed to help you do hardware accelerating tricks but i just don't think my gpu can handle that as i'm on a laptop. The stationary computer isn't as accessible to me as it once was so i'm not really developing on there. I let the family cannablize it into some sort of "house computer" it has it's uses that way too.. so i don't really have any complaints i just wish my laptop came with better graphics chips. You'd think they would have been putting better gpu's in laptops by now but maybe the extra cooling involved was a factor they had to get over? I don't know.

Spring break's almost over and i'm not done with everything i wanted to do.. but no worries, i'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment